Rodriques Law, PLLC counsels tech-savvy teams, including traditional media, advertisers and producers who create great content for mobile, social and video platforms. We structure and negotiate transactions regarding technology and content, including the technology behind content and how brands utilize content. We also help clients with hiring talent which focuses strictly on content creation for social media video sites.
We are an invaluable asset to clients as digital, mobile and social technology continue to mature as key distribution, fan engagement and revenue sources for the entertainment industry. We help our clients to both tell their stories, as well as monetize their content, through a variety of mediums like podcasts, web video and mobile apps.
Explore Our Service
Rodriques Law, PLLC’s areas of representation include:
- Cross-screen entertainment franchises and joint ventures
- Branded entertainment
- Negotiating, buying and selling sponsorships
- Distribution, licensing and exploitation of content across a variety of interactive media channels, including streaming rights
- Live rights fees and commercial rights revenue
- Monetization of user generated content (UGC)
- Talent and spokesperson agreements, music, and property licensing agreements across multiple platforms, including Internet and mobile technologies.
- mobile access and delivery
- Data rights
- Intellectual property rights
We assist media, entertainment companies and talent to connect and work with key industry players with the resources that can help to further their business and creative initiatives. In addition, our legal expertise and understanding of our clients’ businesses and objectives allow us to give practical advice for prudent decision-making.
Being familiar with the applicable foreign law, and working with local counsel who advise us, we handle deals involving transactions with foreign entities. We serve clients from all over the world, including Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Japan, India, Brazil, Bahamas, Bermuda, Trinidad and Jamaica.
Our global client base includes:
- Entertainment and media companies
- Motion picture and television producers, directors, distributors, writers, actors and crew
- Private equity, venture capital and film funds
- High-net-worth individuals
- Talent agencies and talent management companies
- Playwrights, composers, songwriters, musicians and performing artists
- Athletes, models and child entertainers
Digital and Social Media Platforms
Rodriques Law, PLLC counsels clients who build their brand and audience on digital platforms, including crowdsourcing, crowdfunding and social media platforms. We help clients to discover and monetize digital opportunities for both rights holders and high-end OTT video properties, and advises on the interplay between simultaneous TV/online/social usage and the new ways content owners engage fans across screens, including use of cross-platform measurement, all fueled by big data analytics.
We serve our clients in delivering a complete view of our clients’ audience on all platforms, including addressable TV, online, mobile devices, on-demand or through over-the-top (OTT) devices like video game consoles.
Rodriques Law, PLLC represents gamers at the forefront of innovation, including investors involved in the digital media aspects of video games for consumption on smart TVs, tablets, laptops, smart phones, connected TV devices, wearable devices, virtual reality and augmented reality.
We recognize that mobile access and delivery, including the strategic value of social video, will continue to play a dominant role in providing the foundation for new, innovative technology offerings. Rodriques Law, PLLC represents clients in transactions relating to the integration of user content and digital engagement throughout the convergence of social media and mobile technology, including live streaming via social networks, both in venue and at home.
Privacy, Security and Data Optimization
Rodriques Law, PLLC counsels clients with regard to compliance with U.S. and international regulations and guidelines regarding privacy and data security in connection with the use of digital media platforms used to communicate with fans and consumers. We counsel clients on how to use data responsibly and securely, in ways that contribute to a better fan, user or consumer experience.